Can you recall the last time you celebrated a holiday, a life milestone, a new home, a birthday or something else?
There’s no doubt that it’s been a challenge getting together with family and friends during COVID-19. But one thing you can count on for sure is that Pinterest users are taking it up a notch this holiday season. In fact, they are so gung-ho that they are looking at images on Pinterest and planning started in April and more and more people are flocking to Pinterest.
Pinners are known to search for images on Pinterest and save ideas early on Pinterest compared to other social networks. There are 416 million users on Pinterest and many of them use the images on Pinterest to dream, plan and make purchase decisions for meaningful moments around the world. Inspiration, planning and buying all happens here.
Your Images on Pinterest / Why Content Marketing Matters
What that means to you is that you have a special opportunity to be part of the Pinner’s planning journey early on when they are open to new ideas. How do you do that? By creating & pinning thoughtful images on Pinterest /content early in their discovery so they remember you when they are ready to make a purchase.
Do You Know What Type of Images on Pinterest to Create?
One of the biggest struggles businesses face is trying to decipher great content ideas that will be engaging for their potential customers and target market.
In fact, 54% of B2B content marketers state that creating valuable images on Pinterest and other content that builds brand awareness and is a challenge that they’re struggling with.
As you look at list of moments below think of how you can connect with them from discovery to path to purchase. How can you make your product and/or service a part of these special moments? You can’t rush through this especially if it’s your first time figuring this out.
Here are four types of moments that are celebrated on Pinterest:
These are holidays and cultural occasions that happen on a particular day or time of year. They can reflect national, regional or religious interests.
- Holiday / Christmas
- New Year’s Eve
- Big Game
- Valentine’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Spring Break
- Mother’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Father’s day
- 4th of July
- Back to School / Back to College
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday
Traditional moments are meaningful milestones and may happen once a year or once in your life. Examples: New Baby, New Home, Retirement as well as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Life moments are personal events or celebrations that happen throughout the year. These evergreen moments are always-on opportunities for brands.
- New Pet
- New Baby
- New Home
These are occasions that happen in everyday life and during every season, sometimes as a smaller celebration leading up to a traditional moment.
Unique winter moments
- Snow season: Après Ski, Snow Day Fun, Winter Weather Prep, Winter Escape
- Party season: Awards Season, Mardi Gras, Valentine’s Day
- New Resolution: Post-Holiday Cleanse, Healthy Eating, Your Fittest Self, Your 2021 Life Vision, Home Organization
- Sports fandom: Fandom Fever, Home-gating for Hoops
- Other: Fashion Week
Unique spring moments
- Style corner: Spring Style, Summer Style
- Fresh start: Spring Cleaning, Gardening, Fitness Reboot, Backyard Refresh
- Culture moments: Cinco de Mayo, April Fools, National Beer Day, Earth Day, Rainy Days
- Fun and games: Movie Nights, Outdoor Adventures
Unique summer moments
- Celebrate: Summer Break, Summer Solstice, Labor Day, Pool Time, National Ice Cream Month, Al Fresco Dinner Party, National S’mores Day
- Home for the summer: Backyard Picnics, BBQ/Grilling Season, Bonfire Season, Summer Eats, Mindful Meditation, Outdoor Movie Night
- Summer vacation: Road Trips, Beach Day, Camping, Stargazing, Summer Camp, Summer Fridays, Festivals, Summer Style
Unique fall moments
- Spice things up: Fall Getaway, Fall Road Trip, Apple Picking, Pumpkin Carving
- Autumn aspirations: Fall Style, Home gating, Homecoming, Spirit Week, Fashion Week, Fall Foliage, Back to Life
- Giving thanks: Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving Eats, Thanksgiving Leftovers, Harvest Day Celebration, Dia de Los Muertos
Unique holiday moments
- Holidays: Holiday Traditions, Family Movie Night, Movie Date Night, Cookie Making Competition, Tree Decorating
- ‘Tis the season: Self-Care Season, Engagement Season, Ugly Christmas Sweater, Holiday Celebrations, Co-Worker Celebrations, Holiday Looks
When to Publish Your Images on Pinterest & other Content
Pinterest offers unique insights to what matters most to Pinners that can help you plan your content marketing and publish them when engagement spikes.
As you can see below Pinterest users start their searching for New Year’s Eve ideas in November. If you look at Holiday/Christmas closely you can see that search starts to dip early December. Pinterest users plan earlier compared to the general population and because Pinterest is a search engine that means you need to publish your images on Pinterest & other content before it peaks on Pinterest. If you’re too late your competition will gobble up all that traffic.
Content marketing / images on Pinterest (blog posts, videos, infographics, presentations, social media posts) are vital to all businesses because it builds your business reputation online. This helps build brand trust. If creating images on Pinterest and other content is a struggle for you contact me about our content marketing services. If you’re just starting to think about Pinterest for your business it’s best to start with my free course!
*The post How to Use Images on Pinterest: Leverage Pinterest’s 2021 Biggest Life Moments appeared first on Showit Blog.